Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Mont Presents: Above The Law 2011 Benefit For Mike Tagliavento And Its A Tom White Kind Of Day... Along With Ancient Photos Of Your Host, Adam Schnellenbach

Here is the final flyer for tomorrows jam and it needs to be spread like some slimy STD. Thanks to Mike Glass *sickguy* for doing up this amazing flyer. Ladies should probably sleep with him.


This is the real deal from the bottom of my heart. This is not a BMX'er trying to be a hero to the youth by looking cool with trendy companies or companies that to most of the ever so critical BMX community are dead and belong in the bin. The only hero of these multiple Mike Tag Cancer Benefits around the world is Mike Tagliavento. His fight against this disease belongs more in the bin than anything else when it comes to freestyle BMX. I'd rather have Daniel Dher's teeth and lack of style or respect as a professional who represents our sport at making us look like chodes, than ever find the strength in my heart to push thru life as hard as a dude like Tag is currently doing. From the bottom of my heart and those who stand beside you holding these events together large and small we wish you the best in your fight to kill Cancer in the BACK OF THE NECK!
So who really cares who 360'd the big MACBA Four Stair (now its smaller since Garret Reynolds double trucked it and the BMX gods and Nike 6.9 interns decided to tear it down but only after, Mike Taylor Trucked it back in a Ride UK interview, And well Corey trucked it as well in the Levis video for you video dorks) These amazing benefits to a fellow rider shows that the BMX community isn't just a mob of kids trolling The Come Up daily to see what kind of shoelace Nathan Williams is using as a belt! (Nathan is one of the best riders ever its called humor!)
T.W giving it a go with a 360 back in his Fit daze. He claims to not have even gotten stitches after this just some crazy Spanish skin glue and was healed in three shakes of a lambs tale.
Edwin and T.Dubs cannot go wrong, especially in a shared section that still holds together like the rods in Tom's shoulder after all these years of both powerhouses putting in work behind their handlebars. Respect. Me and T.Dubs have been best friends in my eyes since Seventh Grade. 


I introduced him to Navaz not just as a kid that would give Navazio grey hair as we were children with his massive inability to behave like a human sometimes. Pissing on a strangers shoes in New Mexico on me and Tom's first cross country road trip are the things that make me wish Tom gave me his permission one day to write a book on his life on the pro-life and the Ridley-life. If you didn't live in Ridley chances are you'll think Tom, Navaz, or myself are full of shit when it comes to life in these fucking wack ass burbs but believe me I lived them as did anyone else hailing from the shadow of Philadelphia. (I shot this photo below at this old venue called The Boiler Room R.IP)


Always remember who happen to be your real friends, its like Stephen King writes in his grand novella, "The Body'. (Stand By Me) I got luck and kept the friends I had when I was twelve and I couldn't have asked for a better life. Sure I may complain alot and Im sorry, I just miss those days and know that no matter how rad you maybe or how awesome your company maybe ladies and gentlemen nothing ever will compare to those brothers and sisters you shared laughs with as a child. No matter how White Russians you consume at the bar.


Slayerday Saturday's Tunes Of Thunder Belong to Wetnurse-Invisible City. (Click to Download)
Amazing record, Im not giving too much away but chances are say hello to your new favorite band.




Be sure to watch and pay attention to every line in this wonderful scene about youth that unless you happened to be a sort of weird shut in or lived in Xenia Ohio 


than these words will touch your heart and remind you to be free in mind, heart, and spirit. Happiness is available even if its non existent today, you still had those friends....once. The friends you'll tell your grandchildren about. Chances are these stories will bring a grin back to those lips.
I also had this old bike check of mine from when we had Delco Brand in full swing before changing it to THE MONT. But I loved this bike.
Here are some other older photos I found on my ancient myspace from around 2004-2008 so get yourself a good laugh in and be sure to show support at Mike's Cancer Event tomorrow at 10am-2pm Havertown Skatepark, donations is all we ask.
Small bump to wall to gap on Macdade. Bike: FBM Deployer


Sara G. with some magic after a rail to meaty paw! In a veggie way with some Combos!
I miss you Sara, I want to visit Louisville and shred the park again!
Me grinding a ledge in a sketchy hood spot in Chester.


John Hoeger Security At Chester Spots Is A Must.
Before Dental Work.
And a fuckload more, Im so hungry I could eat at Arby's!

























Anyone want to party tonight hit me up on here or facecrook.

No comments:

Post a Comment