Saturday, March 24, 2012

Back From Austin Texas For A Few Months


Amazing three months, with way too many stories to tell. From Lil Jeff, Vinnie, Oba and myself getting chased down by some Mexican gang on Chicon, to me falling face first into a fire pit at Strickers House. I could write a book, but instead I'm doing an article for Dig. So enjoy these photos and this little write up. Home is Home!
All though here is one story of my favorite day in town.
This was my one neighbor on the East Side, Corey he won his first Rodeo at 5years old. Click to listen to his wake up call. And here is a scrapin edit of myself. Total shit quality due to poor filming.
Also check out this Bobby Puelo section Scerbo showed me which is AMAZING, TRUE EAST!

Sick fucking guy!
Also this is incredible:
Now onto the Texas stuff!


























































































































































I went out riding this one day with scerbo, we got lunch then we rode street for 8+ hours on the east side of Austin. I had been homesick and grew tired of begging people to ride street, I fell into binge drinking and pretty much ruined my life over some girl trouble at this point and just wanted to be back east. But riding that day laughing and having fun reminded me of how amazing even the simplest things in life can be like bombing hills with a friend and legend from the east coast only a thousand miles away. We ended the day at T1 watched skapegoat 6 (which rules) some new animal footage and met up with joe rich, corrigan, cardona, and hickerson at the bar. I dunno that day made me realize I need to tighten up and life can be as good as you let it be. Seeing bob stoked on his riding made me stoked. It's weird how the world works but all it took was a break from reality for a few hours with just the mission of having fun to accomplish not riding bikes just for clips.I just think a lot of people in bmx right now are forgetting why they ride in the first place.

My top ten favorite jams at the moment as well:
Enjoy! Peep the new Empire Bowl Jam video as well. Cardona kills it!


No comments:

Post a Comment