Thursday, March 29, 2012

Throbbing Fridays Thrash-o-Rama Top Five Philly Bands/Videos/Songs At The Moment

I scored a writing job with The Albion BMX Magazine! So stoked!!
One of the best nights of my life.
Austin </3
Philly's finest are on my play list tonight, top five Philly based bands to enjoy on this March evening.
1.Ink & Dagger, well what more can be said aside from INCREDIBLE. If you don't know who this band is please eat a loaded shot gun, or buy their records.

2. My Thrashoholics from West Philly BSOM. We played some sick basement shows with these homeboys and partied hard. Especially when we just sat at the BSOM merch table after helping Destruction load in their tour bus into the FU Church in Philly and getting piss drunk. Municipal Waste and Toxic Holocaust played as well and I made out with this cute girl. Great show, great riffs.R.I.P

3.Atom and His Package I was lucky enough to have bowl master Ryan Corrigan let me listem to Atom And His Package in 1998 at camp Woodward and I was hooked. I couldn't find the youtube video for Philadelphia but this is brilliant and brings back memories. I bought this record at Repo Records in Bryn Mawr next to the old Little Devil Store and I had a crush on the one indie chick who worked there, I even would ask her what records she would suggest and buy them when Mark her co-worker was working then come back in and talk to her about the bands like I knew what I was talking about, it was cute. FUCK YOU@ I wonder what she is doing now. I think she works at the Repo on South Street. Hmmm <3

4. Serpent Throne I saw with OM sick instrumental metal from Philly, get into it and bang your head and pass the blunt!
5. All Else Failed, this is their full set from This Is Hardcore and there is really not much else I can say except All Else Failed is one of the best bands ever, Enjoy! WE BOTH LOSEEEEE!
Hope you enjoyed your taste of Philly with a fist in your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment