Saturday, July 28, 2012

From Beyond.... Empire-Bad Idea


So Dave Parrick's release of Empire's latest video, "Bad Idea" made its way into my mailbox a week or two back. Needless to say mixing two of my favorites in BMX, Diamond Dave, and Empire I knew I was in for a High Definition treat of the utmost magnitude. I was one hundred percent correct about everything I expected from Empire and Parrick. First off incase you don't already know, Empire has one of the best teams in the game and everyone shows that they are rightfully deserving of the honor to ride for Empire. The video starts with this amazing intro shot inside the store, where Danny Hickerson does this seriously crazy over ice down the rail in the back of the new shop. Along with Tom Dugan's fake out Garret Byrnes ghostride off a little wooden lip across N.Lamar and into the gas station across the street all while memories of A Clockwork Orange run thru my head due to a stellar song choice.

Did video kill the radio star? I know no one has killed Kevin Porter whom starts out the video straight up killing it, with his unique style that I've been a fan of since he rode for Bully Bikes his banger would  make Van Homan proud.

Sean Sexton, all I can say is wow. Holy bike control, some clips that stuck out to me was this opposite truck driver over this one famous bank/hip/spine type set up in Barcelona which I have been wanting to ride since I first saw that odd 411 produced Fit Barcelona video in which Robbo, Van Homan, Brian Foster, Edwin, Vic, and Mikey Aitken first showed most BMX riders what Barca had to offer outside of skateboard videos. But anyways Sean murders spain, along with an assorted amount of footage around Austin and his banger is seriously no joke in real life. Stoked on Sean.

Tom Smith, Liquor and Shadow's shredder I'm sure not everyone has heard of this kid, but I'm sure you heard his song. Amazing section, I don't keep up with nozza game but Tom has me sold as one of the best at coasting on his front wheel. Along with some amazing tailwhip, and opposite tailwhip combos I was blown away. Total shredder. Tom Williams says a new Tom Smith Empire edit will be dropping soon so I'm stoked.

The team section consists of Danny Hickerson, Hanson Little, George Boyd, Morgan Wade, Tony Cardona and Dylan Smith. I haven't heard Metallica in a BMX video since Darryl Nau's Seek & Destroy where Van Homan destroyed Philadelphia to Battery. This was a two song section the second song being from Agent Orange which you may recall from Edwin's section in the first Skavenger video, but I don't write for certain websites where people act like using a song from another video is a crime against humanity. I love that tune and I loved the footage all these dudes put into this section. My only complaint was the lack of a Danny Hickerson full part (get well soon!) but Danny had one of my favorite clips in the video which I'm sure alot of you missed, its this amazing high speed gap to tooth pick in Spain that is just WOW! Tony gets the last clip which gets me stoked.

Tom Dugan, haha ROCK LOBSTER! Prepare to have your mind blown and the B-52's stuck in your head after Tom assaults any form of transition in his way along with making Sean Burns proud with some of the scary ass gaps and drops he has thru out his section. Seeing Tom air the new vert wall at the T-1 ramp had me yelling at the screen along with jumping from the box landing into the vertwall. Which made zero sense. Convinced that you need a copy of this video yet? Well there is more...

Chase FUCKING Hawk, riding to one of my favorite Pink Floyd tunes and being stoked that Parrick used the Floyd yet again after Parrick rode to Brain Damage and Eclipse in Nowhere Fast. Chase not only has the best fast plant clip of all time that would make Garret Byrnes proud, his banger line at 9th street is the ultimate pro run in my opinion. With style second to none, some of the inverts done in his section were above and beyond perfect. After Chase destroys its time for yet another awesome song choice and my third favorite Smiths song for the bails. If you know Dave's work he always has a brutal fall section somewhere in his videos and this is no different. One crash that sticks out is Cardona's roof gap gone wrong. Yikes!

Onto Aaron Ross who seriously is on some next level shit on the streets. With Van Halen blasting, he does a 180 whip up a famous handrail in Boston, an Ice pick up this play groud rail to 360, well I won't spoil it for you just know that you will not be bummed. I always loved Aaron's part in Chill Bro! This is no different. After Aaron destroys the streets its onto the credits. Amazing song, fun footage, and a brilliant FUCK YOU list. All in all if you like BMX you need this video, thats all I can really say!

Here are some photos from the past week, sorry I have been slacking. I got a new job and all that real life shit. I'm getting my ticket to fly out to Austin for Texas Toast soon which should be a treat! But yeah, as usual try to enjoy the photos and the tunes. Happy Saturday.










































Some Saturday Tunes For Ya!
Photos of my old band playing in New Hampshire.












FOR SATAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment