Sunday, July 1, 2012

Born On The Fourth Of July

This bike fucking rules!!!


Vince D. airing the very shady metal mini ramp at FDR while we waited for the skaters to clear out a bit so we could creep a good evening session in. Mission was a success.
 The Penrose Restaurant has a lot of history with myself and my family. My dad when he was healthy would take me here before Eagles games for food, even though I hated football he had season tickets. But I mostly remember my father taking me here before ECW Arena Wrestling matches. ECW was the shit in the 90's. But in 1997 my mother took me and a Ford mini van full of my friends and I to FDR for the first time in my life. We ate here after we rode, that was the first time I had ever rode a skatepark that cold January morning but even though FDR was nowhere near as wild as it has become even back then it was pretty scary to hit up especially never riding transition before but I was hooked. I rode my first pool a few months later which was when I made a connection on what I was really into when it came to bike riding. But damn it was an oven outside today.

R.I.P Tag

No comments:

Post a Comment