Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Random Writing Is Good For The Soul... Tom White Interview

Walking up the narrow doorway, hands shaking not in fear
But out of compassion, that I hadn’t felt in years.
We had drank and had our laughs,
The smile you wore, hell I knew that we have had fun,
You told me to hold me, oh so close.
Your breath on my neck and my hands in yours,
Wishing Id tell you how beautiful, How beautiful you really fucking are.
To me.
Yeah Me.
To Me.
Yeah Me.
You were such a beauty to me.
Carrying you towards a restless night in my arms wishing I had the words to say,
That I think I want you to stay…with me.
But empty promises, and broken bottles,
Put me on my knees,
My heart felt so heavy, not yet to be broken,
Please dear, don’t do this again.
I wish I had the words to say,
I wish I had the chance to turn back time,
I wish I’d never held you close,
But I still wish I’d make you mine.
Yes, mine.
Seeing you smiling at me.
As ruby red tongues gnaw out lies, and deceit
Im stuck here kissing your feet,
Mistakes were forgiven regrets were now made, the distance felt further than Mars.
Phone call wars, are worse on the floor, of a night spent drunk here without you.
Without you.
Oh without you.
Please dear lets start this again.
I have my control, and I still love your soul,
Im sorry we can’t speak again I've bleed my words dry.
Wiping your tears,beer after beer,
We’ll never have those days again, so say goodbye to the stars.
Dying lights above, just like street lights, yet not so distant not so warm.
Focus on the dead sun, struggling to arise with one last gasp of heat.
And vast coldness surrounded the walls, and all was dark, alone, and distant once more.
My opus was left to rot. Under the blackest of light.
It'll be alright.
It'll be alright.
So we can dance as cities fall, and our blood turns towards life,
New beginnings mean nothing if there is no one to guide your hand towards, slow gentle speaking,
Whispering the unforgettable stories of our souls dancing in the fallout of a thousand nuclear wars.

Here are some Midweek jams for you savages.
Band still rules. This is for you Navaz.


And now the infamous Animal/Skavenger rider and good friend of mine answers some questions. Cheers.
No real plan,just over the past few months I composed five facts you probably didn't not know about Tom.Everytime we try and get this little interview done,something always distracts the plan and we end up just shooting the shit,but here you go,enjoy.

1.Tom claims his favorite movie is "Snakes On A Plane" which is a step up from his old favorite,"Captain Ron".
2.He will not be digging or finding any trails to dig at this year.
3.Grinding with Three Pegs does not count.
4.Tom (and myself included) think box jumps and 6ft coping to coping Chad Kagy spines are terrifying if you don't ride park for a really long time.


5.Random Tom fact:The first day he ever had a pair of Poverty pegs on his GT Interceptor he grinded a ten stair downstep ledge,then pedaled fullspeed at a mat for track practice and flipped over the handlebars.
Me and Tom have been thru alot since 1997,from cross country road trips searching out pools,fullpipes,whatever,to being handcuffed together for draining a pool,from countless trips to Asbury Park to ride the Pool (R.I.P) Theres more to Tom White than meets the eye.



He might be humble and act like his brand of street riding doesn't matter and he's just another face in BMX world.But the reality is,no one deserves to be where they are at right now in bike riding more than Tom.Since we were kids he was always the first one to charge some deadman gap,or some super scary double down the trails.He might come off as lazy,But he's one of my best friends and I wouldn't change that for the world.Only dude i know that has kept it 100% real since we graduated and has had the chance to break into the bmx industry in a huge way.


Tom defines Beast Mode.
Again, and again.
Sick Guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment