Thursday, July 7, 2011

Robert Dolecki Is A Sick Guy And FDR Roaster

So dialed on his bike. Peep the trails section from DQYDJ2. Don't be a savage.

Age/Location: 
Lost track of my age after turning thirty in the early 2000's; Philadelphia.

Favorite Local Spot To Shred?
FDR, and my neighborhood. The rating of what's particularly "most favorite" rotates with each day.

Favorite Spot Of All Time? See trails question below, but you can also include a town pool in NJ, FDR which is probably my favorite concrete park of all time, and then there's my neighborhood, which the entire neighborhood is at this point becoming my favorite street spot of all time.

Ghost Grinds In Pools? 
Always, whenever possible.

Trails or Rails When It Comes To Photography? 
Both, as they both command equal respect, riding or photo-wise. Trails or rails- as anyone who's gotten killed on either knows, you can never under-estimate them. 

PA Woods or Northern New Jersey Trails(W.B in 2002 was so wild)? 
The 'Bridge was my local trail spot for about 10 years, and was probably my favorite place ever to ride (Thanks to Alan Moy, Steve Kaczur, and countless others who dedicated so much time to them) By the time I moved to Philly 3 years ago, all the OG dudes had stopped riding and there wasn't much of a scene left at the trails. It was kind of depressing working on a section, leaving on a trip for two weeks, then coming home to see that the section was all washed out from rain and having to start the process all over again (Tarps really hadn't come into normal trail maintenance yet), especially when there wasn't really anyone else at least riding and enjoying the work I put in. The last few years I lived near the trails, that scenario repeated itself multiple times. Not to mention riding the trails 4 out of 5 times by myself those last couple of years wasn't that enjoyable- for me, trails are only real fun when riding with other people, and a hell of a lot less scary. So once I moved to Philly, that ended my time working on the trails. It's good to hear there is a younger crew of dudes along with FTH's Chris Barry keeping them going and building some new stuff; I'm actually going there today. So after that long- winded explanation, and to answer the question- PA woods are now my preference when I'm not traveling, it's not raining, and I'm not hurt (this year, that meant a whole 2 days of riding there, ha ha.) 

Where Is Steven Kaczur?
It's been a minute since I've seen K; he's taken his love for BMX over to custom choppers. K was one of the most dedicated trail builders ever, and always fun to go on trips with. We've been on some crazy trips; the Argentina one like six years ago was probably the craziest. 

Brian Foster On A Roller,or Brian Foster Locked Into A Pedal Crook? 
Anything BF does looks smooth, but I might have to go with a roller, since he's been making that look good for over 20 years.

How Hard Is It To Juggle Riding,And Shooting,Especially In Places Like Costa Rica? Not hard at all; I just go to the beach. 

Worst Ball Up While Shooting? 
I usually have something to do with that; see top five records answer... 

Someone Should Replicate The Asbury Park Pool Soon Shouldn't They? 
That's a trick question; It can never be replicated.

Top Five Current Records: 
By me? They all probably involve being late meeting up with people, or the extended amount of time taken to set up for some photos.

What Does BMX need Less Of? 
Frames with short seat tubes, and baseless opinions/ inflated egos that have become ingrained in of some of the media lately. 

More Of?
Motivated people putting in work to help make more stuff to ride, be it street spots, trails, initiating/ helping get concrete parks built, or even if it's just drying up a puddle at the local park after a rain storm.

1 comment: