Friday, November 18, 2011

Frightmare Friday Fuck BMX Drama But I have Something To Say...

WHAT THE FUCK!
Corey is too good.

Okay, I wasn't going to get involved in this but its honestly bothering me. This is a quote from Jamie CHODEwick:
"He’s a year younger than me! Here I am, just won X Games 17, just won five in a row at 40 years old. And then there’s Mat behind the scenes running the event and I’d bet he’d cut his right testicle off to be where I am. He’d give anything to be riding at the level that I am, and the level that he was. I read the interview in the first Albion and after that and his documentary, I got the impression that he had a very rough up bringing and he had to fight hard for things he had, but I know I sure-as-shit didn’t grow up with a vert ramp in my back garden and my Dad didn’t give me my own private building to stick a vert ramp inside. Yeah he made money through his sponsors and his bike company, but his foundations are all built on his own private vert ramp.”
REALLY DUDE! Talking shit on Mat Hoffman because you are some goofy footed asshole that no one outside of the realm of Vert jocks give a fuck about is just CORNY! I posted this response on BMXBoard: "Shit like this is a bummer. Hoffman is a beast of a man, and aside from Jamie Thomas Mat was the first dude I ever saw just go for shit that was gnarly. Jamie Bestwick maybe one of the best Vert riders on the planet when it comes to a contest sized Vert ramp but talking down on someone like Hoffman is just fucking ignorant and uncalled for. I'm all for voicing an opinion and whatnot but come on, if Mat wasn't busting his poor body up over the years so dudes like Jamie would KNOW what a flair is then where would current day ESPN friendly Vert jocks like Jamie be right now? This jock mentality behind current day bike riding just bums me the fuck out, go have some fun, grind something, bomb a hill, do some high carves in a pool, ect. I feel as if alot of current day bmx riders forget that sometimes the simple things in life are the best even without a paycheck. Sorry to rant. Have fun."
HAIL HOFFMAN!

That's my two cents and I will say no more about the matter. Also Chad Kagy once did the big feeble in Road Fools 4, alot of stairs... Kagy also feebled the Chinatown Ledge in San Fran. which is so fucking crazy. So even if he maybe Chode Kagy sometimes he still has respect in my book. Wishing that someone gets broke off because they pretty much told you to piss off so they could get their practice on is just childish and unprofessional. 


So with all of that horseshit out of the way, its Friday so that means HAVE MORE FUN!
PS.
CHOMP ON THIS!
Best video. Here are some tunes for your ears enjoyment.
Have a safe weekend.
So stoked on this:
GNARLIEST DUDE OF ALL TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment