Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Fourth Friday! Record Of The Day/Women Of The Week/Happy Birthday Loveless/All Things Set To Random/Vert Ramp Warriors


From myself here at The Mont and pretending that this blog posts any importance to your daily lives, I wish you a Happy Friday. Happy Friday is a weekly holiday I've been brewing up for a while now. Everyone is super bummed and depressed after a usually grueling clock stare down from the time you punch in, to quitting time at most jobs. So why not speed up the process of actual important real life work by killing time by reading blogs like this? Here at The Mont I try to keep all parties happy with BMX, Skateboarding, food, art, and most importantly FUN! So if your works internet browser doesn't have this page blocked, be sure to check it out daily and you maybe stoked! Torche is playing on Monday which rules, Austin Texas trip later this month maybe with Paul Rode coming along is even sicker! That kid defines APE! So without further delay have a HAPPY FRIDAY! Check out this old edit I made back in 2005 of me and my buddies filmed on my old Cannon GL-2 with a Raynox 0.3 and edited on my old Mac G4 with Final Cut Express haha. I still think its a fun watch and the footage looks pretty crisp due to me always using flash, thus pissing Navaz off due to it fucking up the look of the TRV footage when used together, sorry brotherman.

First things fucking last, today's album of the day. Earth-Hex; Or Printing In The Infernal Method
Clearing the dust off of Dylan's Sunn0))) amps comes this massive opus of riffs from the deepest part of Mr. Carlson's soul. Very country sounding yet never reaching such a huge level of volume as the epic Earth 2 record. A very haunting vibe comes of while blasting Hex. Its amazing, check out a few tunes from this brilliant record and pack your bong!

Without Earth 2 you wouldn't have Sunn0))) which would be a bummer since drone is sweet when done correctly and listened to at the proper volumes. Another great listen, and great record to burn to.
Sunn0))) even named a track off their, "Grimmrobe Demos" after Dylan  Carlson from Earth. Amazing 22 minute drone track, remember MAXIMUM VOLUME YIELDS MAXIMUM RESULTS!

The November 4th Babe Of The Day Is A Two Way Tie With Two Woman I'd Like To Be In A Three Way With! And boom goes the dynamite with bad joke number two.
 1. Tina Fey- Delco born, (Upper Darby son!) I love Tina, not only is she an amazing writer and fucking brilliant on 30 Rock. She is from my area which means she knows how funny Delco is, and how trashy it can be if you let it suck you into its opium dipped claws of prescription medication and bad Greek Pizza joints. But for an older woman who I know I could never be with, it is great to think sometimes about how rad a chick like Tina Fey would be in high school. She was cute then, probably still funny, and I hate to sound shallow but she in  my eyes one pure woman. Strong, smart, sexy, everything I look for in another human being. Especially since I like older females Tina you have my heart. She is stunning with and without her glasses. One date with Tina Fey and I could die happy. XO.

 2.  Rashida Jones- Simply beautiful! Totally a stunning woman, who you know that you could hold a dinner conversation with about anything. She comes off super cool, and mad attractive. Not in a I want to Fuck your socks off kind of way, but more or less in a hey lets cuddle and I'll steal kisses all night. I have a crush on you Rashida and your father Quincy is a sick guy! I love beautiful ladies and if Tina wasn't from Delco (where Im from) you would have the number one spot sweetheart. XO!
 Even Jamie Thomas would slash that!

FUCKIN SCUMBAG BASTARD! REDA RULES!
 Saw this on The Berrics and actually thought I was in NYC!
Keeping up with my love for Texas is this older photograph of Taj doing a sweet Grizz which got me stoked to get out on my BMX on this dreary ass Friday.
Brad McDonald,Jared or Losey probably took this photo, sorry dudes!
Etnies Forward still rules, I watched a copy in Empire for the first time since my DVD was stolen and it pretty much got me more stoked to ride than any new video aside from Anthem II, AM:PM and Animal Cuts. Taj is rad, so is Dave Parrick. Empire Bad Idea premieres upstairs at Shakes on November 26th so keep your shred boner in your pants! Watch this new MutinyxEtnies edit instead!
Here are some tunes for your ears to keep you occupied, party safe tonight internet!

“Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.”
Charles Bukowski
 Amazing man.
Aggroman!
BMX!
Hoffman is such a beast, always has been a complete maniac behind his handlebars.



On the topic of vert ramp and all around murderers of bicycles not sure if many of the younger heads in the BMX game have ever seen this Jay Miron section from Hoffman Bikes- Madd Matt. For proof just watch the video below. His section from Schwinn-American Muscle is posted above. The Beast don't play so back off!
The clips on the vert wall are so rad.
A Happy 20th Birthday goes out to the classic, "My Bloody Valentine" record, "LOVELESS".
Now being a huge fan of the shoegaze genre especially newer bands like Jesu and The Angelic Process.
The Angelic Process is one of my favorite bands and are just pretty fucking heavy and just WOW!
 Back on track, Loveless is a timeless record of amazing hooks, sadness, and all around a mood that surrounds the listener with a sound pattern that maybe everything is going to be ok in the end. Highly suggested tunes. Open your ears, destroy your mind.
Brilliant still after all these years. Pissed I missed the reunion due to money trouble. D'oh.
  
Also if you need a new pair of bars, I'll be selling my month year old BSD WZA Bars uncut and raw for $35.00 or best offer. I had to go back to Scerbo bars again, and this time there is no turning back.
They are a great feeling pair of bars but I need the money more than an extra set of bars at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment