Friday, May 4, 2012

Dark Wings, Dark Words


Sorry again for the massive amount of slacking on updates. Real life has taken a stranglehold on motivation, the days of being daily stoked on living have been few and far between. Losing yet another job this week due to my boss just totally not showing up or answering his phone to do landscaping work has put a damper on my funds. I'm very much glad to have gotten my Watain, The Devils Blood, In Solitude, and Behemoth ticket in advance otherwise I would miss this grand Satanic performance. But as usual there is light at the end of the tunnel of shitty days in the form of my new cranks arriving today (three weeks off my bicycle has driven me to madness it seems) also Tony Cardona in his new Empire Bmx edit has once again proven that Tony is one of the best dudes on a bicycle. Say what you want about Tony I really like him as a person and especially as a bike rider. Since his turtle helmet days, to us BBQ'ing with the Cardiff brothers in Austin with Blaze I'm honored to be able to call Tony a friend. Congrats on the edit brother, shit is AMAZING! The Empire video drops May 20th get HYPED!
In sad news though The Beastie Boys and my youth lost a true hip hop legend today in MCA Adam Yauch. One of my first compact disc purchases (in case you kids don't remember what a CD is) was the famously amazing and still played today, "Licensed To Ill" record being a staple of my childhood outside of heavy metal. The Beastie Boys for years marked the only hip hop I would listen to being a close minded ten year old at the time I first heard my cousin Eric playing their records I ended up becoming a fan. To this day I still blast Licensed To Ill and just smile at how good it still fucking is.
Here are a few other photos I have taken on my cellular telephone that you may find interesting. Also Old Man Gloom and Rosetta are playing in Philly tonight which maybe worth going to. Have a good Friday if possible, and hopefully I'll be on my BMX all day tomorrow.
Its weird that my old band now is part of the six degrees of Aaron Turner of Isis due to Skeleton Proof Tanks/World Of Ghosts having played a record release show with Rosetta in Doylestown a few years back.
I really dislike the quality of this video but this song was always fun to play live. I'm thinking about making music again, black metal of course this time around and not under my old project with Joe Buccuto's title, "Barbaric Cauldron" this is "SACRIFYX" and its something I'm taking very seriously not just smoking blunts and coming up with a song on the spot. This needs to be a calculated attack on the ears of man.







No comments:

Post a Comment