Saturday, May 12, 2012

EAST COAST DESTRUCTION WILL NEVER DIE!


I didn't personally know mike but this is a total bummer, I grew up in love with the old ECD videos. Much to the dismay of some of my friends who didn't get why I was so obsessed with the humor. But needless to say some of my buddies and I searched far and wide around the East Coast to see the fabled first ECD video which at the time was not available thru mail order. BMX wasn't as popular as it is now and finding videos sometimes required alot of searching various mail order companies and asking people whom you would meet on road trips if they had a copy that you could watch or possibly if you were lucky and the dude had two VCR's then maybe he could make you a copy in the future. By a weird series of events in 2002 in Steve Crandall's living room, I ended up with some legends after the Etnies Forward video watching a copy of the first ECD video finally! It was one of those evenings I will never forget, Joe Rich came into the room after a few brews it seemed and he was stoked that we were watching it. In case you didn't know Joe Rich was the man in the ECD videos and well still is the man today, Sandy Carson and the rest of the Superdome. Needless to say that the entire East Coast BMX community whom is over the age of 20 for the most part lost one of the people who was responsible on a long enough timeline to have inspired some of us to pick up a video camera, go riding in the woods, cruise your local spine mini, or hit the streets. ECD Will Never Die! Rest In Peace Michael McCafferty, aka MCM. Aged 37 years. 
Here are some sections from ECD 4:
On an unrelated note Paul Rode and I rode street in the hood of Chester PA yesterday good times were had, especially when a six year old told me, "DON'T YOU KNOW THIS IS A BLACK NEIGHBORHOOD WHITE BOY?" Gotta love sketchy areas! 


Rob Delany, with the Master Of Puppets shirt filmed me nibbling around some local non hood spots yesterday, here is some crummy Iphone footage.
I love simplicity.


And Puppy Dog Tug Of War!


Paul Rode almost dying filmed by Skeet.

And some footage the crew from Eddystone have been gathering up of a bunch of local dudes I ride with, while I was in Texas and some new shit as well. Sick moves, enjoy! Skeeter filmed and edited these below edits.






And now some Satanic Saturday tunes.
Sickening deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment