Sunday, October 2, 2011

Punday Sunday A.K.A: A Writer and Photographers Ultimate D.I.Y Trip Back To Times When Twitter Was Just A Word For Late Night Beaver Down At The River. And My Favorite Ghostbusters Clip!

Drink And Rest In Peace Charles. <3 Sick Guy Right There!
“There are worse things than being alone,”
Here is an open for all of you freelance writers and photographers to get some words or photographs out there. Im working for an article that hopefully is worthy for a write up in Dig and helping get the underground noticed a tad more in a D.I.Y Fuck Off kind of way. Imagine BMX PLUS! But in vein of Club Magazine with Hustler undertones. Keep it raw, keep it gritty. Email me some write ups of your own, photos, show reviews, anything sick and worth looking or reading would be a prime choice. I'll post a top ten D.I.Y I Wish This Was A Zine, Or Maybe I Should Order A Physical Copy Top Ten Of The Month.

Here is the intro to the first issue I will ask questions of, "Yeah Zine". Also one of the D.I.Y Blogs of the month, I emailed Nina earlier with this intro. Enjoy.
Here is the intro:
In this current age of must know technology, instagrams, twitter, ect. It seems as if a small margin of information has slipped thru the cracks in the form of both BMX, and music zines. Few still hit up their local kinko's and fire out a few hundred hand numbered D.I.Y as fuck copies for their close friends. Some people wonder why I guess, chances are they grew up when you had to wait for a new issue of Props to see a new move or line that Ruben fired out at a random Backyard Jam. But few pushed on, and pushed the art of printed word. If your not happy about what your sport or your favorite musical magazine is printing and seems to cater more to a flavor of the month than of actual good and interesting content then a handful of heads still believe in the art of D.I.Y Printing and getting their ideas on paper as opposed to a computer screen. Angie Marino and Nina Buitrago are two of these individuals who still bang out copies of their female BMX magazine, "Yeah Zine." I used to have a copy of Bob Scerbo's zine, "Scrappin". And I was hooked, with the end of Holeshot zine in the near future Yeah Zine is standing strong with a different demographic in mind. Showing the male BMX community that yes Women shred harder than you kids sitting on the deck of a ramp running your mouth about Chase DeHart's tattoo than the riding at hand. So I shot Nina a few questions and lets see what the first female BMX'er with a signature pair of handlebars has to say about Yeah Zine.
Here are some tunes to help you with the motivation. Or to turn on and tune out. Either way enjoy. Somas make you feel weird.
Chris Cole is a sick guy, and everyone should peep The Berics daily to see why you should probably be outside on a bicycle or skateboard. Sure watching other people kill it is fun, but go kill it yourself!
East Coast Bitches!
Film Clip Of The Week Goes To, "Ghostbusters." What A Perfect Fucking Movie!" (My personal favorite scene here)

Here is my email address if you'd like to help. Satanlives85@gmail.com is my address hope to here from you/

No comments:

Post a Comment