Thursday, October 6, 2011

Torture Thursday, Harmony Corruption and The Rise And Fall Of Local Bmx Shops And Riders: A Guide To Have More Fun For The Right Reason$

October 6, 2011 Daily  Top Five Playlist








Feel free to post some of your current playlists in the comments.
Just got this bit of bad news for all of the fans of the mighty green here in the states. Massive step back!
I saw Tom Williams post this on Twitter (which you can follow me now if you want).
JUST SMOKE PIFF!

Federal officials are warning California medical marijuana dispensaries they must shut down within 45 days or face criminal prosecution and having their property confiscated.
The state's four U.S. attorneys sent letters Wednesday and Thursday notifying at least 16 pot shops or their landlords that they are violating federal drug laws, even though medical marijuana is legal in California. The attorneys are to announce their coordinated crackdown at a Friday news conference.
The move marks an escalation of the conflict between the government and the medical marijuana industry.

(Al Cisneros is not stoked on this news!)

The Associated Press obtained copies of the letters that a prosecutor sent to 12 of San Diego's dispensaries. They state that federal law "takes precedence over state law and applies regardless of the particular uses for which a dispensary is selling pot.
WOW! Fucking make booze and cigs illegal to why don't you twats!

Surgery was a success! All my teeth are proper at the moment from a wreck I had dating back in 2003.
Random Midwest Toothless Shot 2008

Sorry for how long this post is but Im a wee bit drugged up with a plate of mashed potatoes after getting my last wisdom tooth taken out. Yeah its not major surgery but I hate the word procedure, Im not getting a sex change! Here is one of my favorite heavy duos, "Dark Castle". If your ears are itching for some massive riffs.
(((AWESOME)))
Black Sabbath-Vol.4 is still one of the best records of all time and in my opinion is better than the mighty  "Master Of Reality".

And for good measure for all you smokers of fine herbs.
The O.G Sabbath Version and rare Sleep version of ,"Lord Of This World". Stay lit.

Drop Out Of Life With Bong In Hand Follow The Smoke To The Riff Filled Land

Nor does watching Brian Foster ride trails.
No woods in PA are safe!

Smoke a pipe for me! I can't afford to get ,"dry socket".
I haven't rode a good legit fullpipe since California's Infamous Glory Hole. But here is me walking into the Mt. Baldy Pipeline getting ready to get my carve on!
Photo Credit: Tom White
Prospect Park here in Delco used to have a wee full pipe right off of 420 in a junkyard by a swim club. R.I.P
Video Grab Filmed By Kevin Dunn

That thing was super tight and hard to ride, carving this high was no easy task at all. Yes kids there is more to BMX than tailwhips, and barspins!

I maybe releasing some old/new Delco Brand Clothing in very limited D.I.Y style to help me get to Austin sooner, hopefully in time for the Empire Bmx Dave Parrick Film, "Bad Idea". I should buy my plane ticket next paycheck, and then have my BSD WZA frame paid off after that. So the more money I can get, and the more I get you kids stoked on Delco Brand and The Mont the better it is for everyone.




We are a BMX/Music Community regardless on what shop you support. For myself I stick by my guns and chose my good friend Van Homan across the Deleware River in Pennsville New Jersey at Two By Four Store, and Thomas and Tina Williams over in my soon to be home of Austin Texas who I have been a very loyal customer of since Empire didn't exist and a shop called Trend Bmx was the hub of the Austin Bmx scene and made a great Stew Johnson produced video back in 1999 which oddly had the first Anthem II trailer in it.


(For fuck sake I have an Empire Bmx Tattoo thats how strong I stand behind Tom and Tina)
Im not saying that these are the only two Bmx shops that you should shop at. But how can you support a local store when you read the drama induced post of one of the main workers especially in the bicycle section of a local shop in Delco rants on the internet about how childish Bmx is and how its corny. Ok people get burned out, but if your wondering what the fuck happened with your Bmx sales its a wee thing called Social Networking. Things started out amazing for this shop as they held jams, and stuff to help out the growing scene like this bunnyhop contest that I placed 3rd in with a bum wrist and some lungs full of green.
 If you wanted to quit, then just walk away. There was no need to say the things that were spoken about Bmx especially the vast number of who don't do this for coverage or anything aside from how happy being behind those handlebars makes you feel. Even this simple downstair feeble grind back in 2007 still gets me stoked looking at it and even riding this school even though not in the nicest part of town. Since 2007 my progression has shown with numerous moves on the same ledge including a double tire ride that Im pretty proud of. But here is just a simple feeble grind with all the tell tale signs of fun showing!

Bmx is the best addiction in the world, if you don't like it fine. But now you have the whole Bmx community mocking you worse than before since you are now selling "high grade" freestyle scooters because you can't seem to grasp where your Bmx customers went to? Hmmmm, next time don't rip apart the Bmx scene just because you want to quit. The proof is in the pudding. What started out to me as a great thing for the local Bmx scene has crashed and burned. I wish all the employees the best, support who you want. But I stick to my guns and Mr. Homan a close friend of almost fifteen years now, and Mr. and Mrs. Williams who I've been giving my money to since 1998. Integrity means alot to me believe it or not. Bmx is my life and these people have been with me every step of the way of this amazing journey which many of you fail to see even though its right in your eyes.
Bump gap to wall on MacDade Blvd.

Go out there, cruise around, blow off the normal spots, take the long way home, look for homes for sale with big fences in the yard hell you may luck out and find a nice right handed Blue Haven Kidney Pool waiting for you already drained just screaming to roast! Bmx maybe about having fun, but sometimes the adventure and the hunt adds more to the fun in bicycle motorcross about 999.999 percent of the time. The world is your playground when you step onto your bike so take full advantage and remember, spots come and go.

Life is a scary place and to some being in control of some form of your life can keep your head up and have you be in charge of something 100% in your life. It doesn't matter what kind of two wheeled machine you decide to pedal around on. Bike riding is bike riding, but putting pegs on a fixed gear just makes you look like the closest thing to wearing rollerblades or better yet...a professional level scooter. To each his or her own though. Fun and Failure start with the same first letter.


So pick up your Bmx, your beach cruiser, hell even your Downhill MTN Bike and get rad! To quote a personal favorite line from the film, "Gummo" Solomon:Life is beautiful. Really, it is. Full of beauty and illusions. Life is great. Without it, you'd be dead. 
Words to live by ladies and gentlemen. Now get off your computer and have some fun.


I found this old photo that Vince D. took of me doing this smith grind in South Philly. I dunno why I look fat in this haha.
And I look my normal weight in this one blowing some shit up.
Weird daze!
SATAN WORSHIPING DOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment